Abba's Garden Outside Classroom
God has blessed our school with an amazing certified outdoor classroom we call "Abba's Garden." Schools from across the nation have visited Abba's Garden to learn how to take our philosophy and learning curriculum to their own schools. In an outdoor setting, children are exposed to caring for God's creations while developing friendships, physical growth, and imaginative play. We see Abba's Garden as a continuation of our indoor classrooms, but with more of a "grassroots" nature-based feel.
- An organic garden is planted and harvested by the children with the freedom to eat whatever they grow.
- Painting, scientific experiments, and getting "down and dirty" in the earth's soil are daily activities.
- Legos, dinosaurs in the dirt, and buried treasure in the sand are all a part of a typical day's adventure.
- Riding trikes and pulling wagons "move" the day along with exercise and excitement.
- Water play is a must with the children and is encouraged to explore its different uses from making mud, watering flowers, using it for cleaning up, or even a "bowl of soup" in the pretend kitchen area.
- Monthly themed crafts and nature lessons are taught at the "barn table".
- Our Tickle Monster mascot read books, plays hide-n-seek, and encourages imaginative play to strengthen friendships and social-emotional skills.
Abba's Garden is a "must-see" on the school tour.